Monday, January 20, 2014

LAWSUITS-ASIANA CRASH SAN FRANCISCO (SFO)



The lawsuits have started to be filed on the Asiana Airline crash in San Francisco (SFO). I am not surprised that Boeing is being sued because they have deep pockets. 

The first basis of the class action against Boeing is they did not have an oral warning that the plane is flying too slow. If these attorneys want to sue somebody let it be the FAA. The NTSB has recommended to the FAA for years that all airliners have an oral call out when planes are flying too slow. The FAA has sat on it behind and done nothing on this issue. 

The second basis of the suit against Boeing is improper flight training on the 777. Hmmm, I thought it was the responsibility of the airline to provide pilot training and for the pilot to obtain a type rating on the 777.

I have to hypothesize as I do not have the facts from both sides and the NTSB. With what little information I have it just seems plain and simple that the Asiana pilot(s) flew a perfectly good Boeing 777 into the ground because they were incapable of flying a visual approach. Visual approaches are one of the first things taught in pilot training...how to land the plane. I am willing to bet that I have more actual stick time than these pilots have. They depend on automation turning on the auto pilot about 300 feet above ground until turning it off 200 feet above ground when landing.


There will be several motions filed and I am sure Boeing will file one for dismissal. I hope that this suit will be dismissed, as if there was ever an accident that was pilot error, this one would be in the dictionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment