Sunday, July 1, 2012

What the Heck is UP With WingXPro's Quality!


MY OPINION
ARTHUR ROSEN
WING X PRO
For the last two years I have been writing how great WingXPro is, and that there is still not another aviation app on the IPad to compare with it. Their features are outstanding.
But if WingX is not reliable it’s not worth having. This is why ForeFlight is the best selling app for aviation. It might not have the best features, but it is extremely reliable. This is why all the aviation departments I know have ForeFlight and won’t buy WingX.
When the IPad 3 came out WingX did not work properly for a month. The charts were totally messed up with fixes five miles away from where they should be. WingX gave everyone another year free subscription for their problems. Now the weather database will not download. No matter what I try, the weather database says invalid and will not download. This means I have no TFR’s and data for airports I’m departing from and arriving at. Weather briefing and graphic weather works but without the above I will have to do a weather briefing on my computer software to be complete.
I love WingX but it’s getting to the point where I can’t depend on it. WingX is going to have to do a much better job or they are going to loose customers in droves. In addition how can one recommend a product to other pilots if it is not reliable!

2 comments:

  1. Same issue in IPad 7/1/12. Odd, just started having the issue today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DUATS Wx still works and I'm wondering if my ADSb thru sky radar will update weather for me. I too note this same issue today for wifi Internet weather update. Any word from wingX?

    ReplyDelete